Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Jesus Walks



This multi media piece, "Jesus Walks" was created in 2009 using watercolors, ink, and paper cuttings. For more information on this piece, contact me at eastman_tara@yahoo.com

Jesus Walks

I remember these words from a song almost a lifetime ago,
"...and he walks with me."
He did, and does and will - walk with me on this journey.

"...and he talks with me."
In sitting with lunch with a close friend, in the uninhibited smile of a little child, in the moment I feel like throwing in the towel and don't because somewhere, somehow there he is and there is hope.

"...and he tells me I am his own."
Even when I fail, even when I'm not sure who I am or where I'm to go next -
I am my beloved's and he is mine...
and he,
walks with me.

T.L. Eastman 2011

2 comments:

Mel said...

Very, very cool.

Tara Lamont said...

Thanks Mel - I had an article published this week with this painting in it. Exciting stuff!