Wednesday, July 01, 2009

I am what I am


"Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are."
Kurt Cobain


On talking with at youth group tonight, we discussed ways in which God has helped people grow. One person commented on how they were able to better be themselves in relationship to growing closer to God.

I think when we truly begin to understand God's love for us, we realize the person we are is something very unique and worthy of being.

Popeye spoke the truth and Kurt didn't do so bad either. Don't waste who you are, you were designed to be good to the last drop.

2 comments:

Mel said...

Awesome stuff...and I love the source being one of your youths.
Makes it even more awesome....

Matt T. said...

I think of Kurt Cobain as being the quintessential "tortured artist." I was really into the whole grunge thing about that time: Pearl Jam, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Neil Young (during one of his many grunge phases), etc. It's tragic he wasn't able to get past that moment. That quote is a nice thing to leave behind though...