Tuesday, March 09, 2010
Question Blog Parade Quiz
This Question Blog Parade was picked up on Looking for something deeper by my blogging friend Lucy. I so enjoyed reading her answers, I thought I'd take a turn at answering the same parade of questions too. Please, feel free to copy and paste the questions to your blog to see how long this parade can become! Here is where this parade began, who knows where it will end...
1. What’s your favorite time of the day, and why?
I never used to be a morning person, but for the last two years, this April, I've been adding the daily discipline of getting up every morning and going for a walk or run. After many years of wanting to be more fit, I've also found that having that time and space to run away from and into the world has more that a physical benefit I started waking up early for.
2. If health wasn’t an issue, what food could you live off?
Wow - what food would I not choose is the question! I think I'd have to say though if it were not an issue of health or calories I'd choose an Indian or Greek Cook book and cook and eat through it sans Julie and Julia. I just love curry and soluflaki!
3. If you could have one wish granted (besides wishing for more wishes), what would it be?
You know that "on earth as it is in Heaven" part of the Lord's Prayer? I'd ask for that because I feel it would heal all that needed healing, provide all that was wanting and restore all that was broken.
4. What’s one thing that you get teased about a lot?
So I have this tendency to cry at movies - almost every movie. If I don't cry at the sad parts, my face still crinkles up into an almost crying expression so that everyone thinks I'm still crying...
Example. I bawled my eyes out when watching the 1990 TV movie -"The Death of the Incredible Hulk."
Darn it, where are the tissues? I get misting just thinking about it.
5. If you could choose one movie, book, or TV show to spend your life in, which would you pick? What type of character would you be?
Madleine L'Engle's Crosswicks Journals...
The Crosswicks Journals
* A Circle of Quiet (1972), ISBN 0-374-12374-8
* The Summer of the Great-grandmother (1974), ISBN 0-374-27174-7
* The Irrational Season (1977), ISBN 0-374-17733-3
* Two-Part Invention: The Story of a Marriage (1988), ISBN 0-374-28020-7
They cover a hug portion of my probably favorite author's life and they make great reading! I'd like to be her character for a moment so I'd understand the kind of focus and devotion it takes to keep on writing and living as you write.
6. If you could have one talent that you don’t already have, what would it be?
I play guitar and I sing, but I wish I could play guitar to the level of a Spanish guitar players like the gentleman in the Gipsy Kings.
7.If money were no object, where would you go on vacation?
Ireland and Wales - my family on my Mom's side were from Wales and I've always wanted the opportunity to visit my 'homeland'.
8. If you were an awesome singer, which genre would you sing?
Indie Folk - because you can sing almost anything in this genre and still be Indie Folk.
9. If you could have a $10,000 shopping spree to one store, what would it be?
Ikea - I'd get the furniture I've needed to replace forever and invite my friends and family for lunch or coffee on my after shopping.
10. If you could live in any point in time, when would it be?
Now - it's to weird to think of myself in medieval times. I would have mouthed off to some Lord, and been sent to the gallows or something.
11. If every outfit in your wardrobe had to be one color, what would it be?
Green - there are lots of greens within green. Can I have a variety of colors on all the shades of green please?
Image from weirdomatic.com
12. If you were one of the seven dwarves, which one would you be?
(Doc, Grumpy, Sneezy, Sleepy, Bashful, Happy, or Dopey)
Doc - I like to fix things.
13. What’s the last album you listened to?
Waterdeep Worship- it's indie folk. See I told you indie folk was flexible. :)
14. What’s something we’d be surprised to know about you?
When I was little, I wanted to be a ballerina. Are you surprised?
What are your answers to these 14 questions? Have fun!