Skip to main content

Press into this reality: Peace


Cartoon from Toothpaste for Dinner.

No complaints here.

I'm pressing onto the reality that I had had some serious help today in preparing for the fundraiser breakfast and luncheon for Sunday.

I keep looking around and on my to do list and I see that most everything I was worrying about is done, assigned, or good to go.

One, two, three, four, five, six of the eight student that the fundraiser is for came to help and one, two, three, four who are not attending the trip came to chip in just because. Tables are set, eggs are cracked, and the rigatoni is ready to bake.

Thanks to the two moms who assisted as well.

Usually the night before such events I full of nervous energy, tonight I'm relaxed. In fact the most relaxed I've felt in a long while.

This fact is one I'd like to happen more often in my reality.

If you think of us on Sunday - stop by and have some good eats. If you can't make it here - say a prayer that it all goes well.

Breakfast is 9am-10:30am with scrambled eggs, blueberry cream cheese french toast casserole, sausage, toast, coffee and OJ.

Lunch is Rigatoni with or without meatballs, tossed salad, bread, cookie bars, lemonade or coffee. Lunch runs from 12:30 to 2pm.

As a bonus, there is a free-will pipe organ concert beginning at 2pm.

Breakfast is $3.00 a person or $10.00 per family / Lunch is $5.00 for adults, $3.00 for kids 10 and under and $15.00 per family.

Both meals will take place in the parlors (fellowship room) of First Lutheran Church at 120 Chandler Street in Jamestown NY. Take outs will be available!


Peace.

Comments

Mel said…
I'm thinkin' blueberry cream cheese french toast casserole could be very very dangerous! ;-)

I do hope the turnout is good. And how cool is it to have such a good bunch of helpers!

<-- definitely will send good thoughts!
I do hope it goes well.
Tara Lamont said…
The blueberry casserole is decadent and I will be eating some in the morning - maybe that will help peel me out of bed at 6 on a Sunday?

Popular posts from this blog

SWB: Claustrophobia and clearings

Mary Lue shared her host post on business and rest for this weeks Sleeping with Bread Examen. Her words resonated with me in the fact that due to a significant staff change at my office, there is more work to be done and my plate is feeling fuller lately. There have been more meetings, and lots of talking and planning. For the most part, I've felt much more connected to people since I've become more involved in this way, but oddly when I'm done for the day or night - I find myself in need of some quiet. Maybe I'm still sorting and planning in the back of my mind, but silence (even my own) is something I find myself being more and more drawn too. It's like the extra noise, both internal and external, makes me feel claustrophobic . A few days after Christmas, I went into a game store with my son and was overwhelmed by all the noise and activity there. The store was tiny but filled with kids and their parents vying for their video game of choice. My head felt hot, my

Sunny and rainy day friends

There are two kinds of friends in the world: Sunny day friends and rainy day friends. This is a statement that my Mom used to remind me of when I was in the midst of drama or conflict with one school friend of another. There are lots of people that we define as friends, but they are really acquaintances. Two men were out hunting in the northern U.S. Suddenly one yelled and the other looked up to see a grizzly charging them. The first started to frantically put on his tennis shoes and his friend anxiously asked, "What are you doing? Don't you know you can't outrun a grizzly bear?" "I don't have to outrun a grizzly. I just have to outrun you!" This story is funny, but it does help define the distinct difference between a rainy day friend and a sunny day friend. The sunny-day-friend is more concerned with watching out for their own health and wellness, than their friends' wellbeing. On the other hand, a rainy day friend is willing to take risks, work fo

What Summer Camp Means to Me...

  I was around six-years-old when I first went to sleep-away summer camp.  At the time I lived in PA and the camp (through my church) was in Ohio. All school year, I attended Sunday School faithfully partially because regular attendance allowed my family scholarships to help with the cost of Summer Camp. Over the school year, I attended most Sunday's and by the end of the year, my little coupon book was full of stamps - providing me with a scholarship to attend a camp session. I provide this background on how I first got to go to camp, because it is an essential part of explaining what Summer Camp meant (and means) to me.   Going away to Summer Camp gave me a whole new experience of community. The whole process of going to and attending was the first times I experienced, "it takes a village", personally. From the Sunday School Teachers who drove a sedan full of kids to Ohio, to the counselors and staff who supported new campers: through the first 48 hours of homesickness