Skip to main content

Meme of 6 random things

So far two of my blogging friends (Da Youth Guy and Marko) this week have participated in the "Six random fact about me" writing exercise, so in the pace of writing everyday for a month I thought I'd jump in on this meme. Join in as well and fill the blogging world in on 6 random facts about you too!

1. My middle name is Lamont. There has been a great deal of question concerning why and how I ended up with the middle name "Lamont". I was not named after the TV show, Sanford and Son. My Mom tells me that she had a friend in high school who was either from France or her parents were and her name was Lamont. Apparently, my Mom was impressed with with her kindness, sophistication, and uniqueness of coming from somewhere other than Irwin, PA. My first name was given for the song, "Tara's theme" from Gone with the wind. What a mix of culture, the American south and France. Now I just need to get to Paris.

2.My favorite foods are Greek. Baklava, Greek Salads and Chicken Souvalki. Sadly though, I'm not Greek.

3.My favorite childhood toy was my Raggedy Anne Doll. I took here with me everywhere I went up until she was lost in our move from Russell to our home in Youngsville. I sometimes think I'd like to get a new Raggedy Anne Doll to remember her by.

4.I've held the following jobs: Babysitter for neighbors kids, waitress at Perkins, graphic designer for two small print shops, Lead singer for Prime Minister, waitress/barista for John Willams European Pastry Shop, Retail worker for BMG Music, Waitress for Pasta Etc., Lead singer for The Bubble Gum Machine, Sign maker/artist for Wegmans Art Department, Youth Director for the TSA, Recreational Therapist for CFOP, Outreach and Worship Director for Westminster Presbyterian, Solo musician, free-lance writer, Teaching Artist for Arts Council, and currently Director of Youth and Family Ministry for First Lutheran. Whew..

5. One of my favorite ways to unplug from life's craziness is to go to the salon and get my hair done. It's like a reset button for me.

6. I live in a community that is greatly Italian, Swedish and Hispanic and I'm not any of these ethnicity's. I'm Welsh, Cherokee, Irish, French, Irish, Pennsylvania Dutch, German and probably lots more.





Click here to join in on NaBloPoMo
10 thankful posts down, 21 to go!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SWB: Claustrophobia and clearings

Mary Lue shared her host post on business and rest for this weeks Sleeping with Bread Examen. Her words resonated with me in the fact that due to a significant staff change at my office, there is more work to be done and my plate is feeling fuller lately. There have been more meetings, and lots of talking and planning. For the most part, I've felt much more connected to people since I've become more involved in this way, but oddly when I'm done for the day or night - I find myself in need of some quiet. Maybe I'm still sorting and planning in the back of my mind, but silence (even my own) is something I find myself being more and more drawn too. It's like the extra noise, both internal and external, makes me feel claustrophobic . A few days after Christmas, I went into a game store with my son and was overwhelmed by all the noise and activity there. The store was tiny but filled with kids and their parents vying for their video game of choice. My head felt hot, my

Sunny and rainy day friends

There are two kinds of friends in the world: Sunny day friends and rainy day friends. This is a statement that my Mom used to remind me of when I was in the midst of drama or conflict with one school friend of another. There are lots of people that we define as friends, but they are really acquaintances. Two men were out hunting in the northern U.S. Suddenly one yelled and the other looked up to see a grizzly charging them. The first started to frantically put on his tennis shoes and his friend anxiously asked, "What are you doing? Don't you know you can't outrun a grizzly bear?" "I don't have to outrun a grizzly. I just have to outrun you!" This story is funny, but it does help define the distinct difference between a rainy day friend and a sunny day friend. The sunny-day-friend is more concerned with watching out for their own health and wellness, than their friends' wellbeing. On the other hand, a rainy day friend is willing to take risks, work fo

What Summer Camp Means to Me...

  I was around six-years-old when I first went to sleep-away summer camp.  At the time I lived in PA and the camp (through my church) was in Ohio. All school year, I attended Sunday School faithfully partially because regular attendance allowed my family scholarships to help with the cost of Summer Camp. Over the school year, I attended most Sunday's and by the end of the year, my little coupon book was full of stamps - providing me with a scholarship to attend a camp session. I provide this background on how I first got to go to camp, because it is an essential part of explaining what Summer Camp meant (and means) to me.   Going away to Summer Camp gave me a whole new experience of community. The whole process of going to and attending was the first times I experienced, "it takes a village", personally. From the Sunday School Teachers who drove a sedan full of kids to Ohio, to the counselors and staff who supported new campers: through the first 48 hours of homesickness